- På rea!
The IQ is our 4 batten wave sail. This concept was introduced a few years ago for the new school wave sailing style and for the new multifin wave boards. This kind of sail is more compact and more radical in the maneuvers. The new school style of sailing wants to stay closer to the steep and hollow part of the wave and this is what the IQ is designed for. But that does not mean that the IQ is only good in radical and perfect conditions, it still has enough power and stability for being used in less than ideal conditions. For 2013 all sizes are 4 battens and we introduced a new 5.4 size.
Being the lightest wave sail in our range, with the new 2-Ply laminate we took it to a new level. More than 10% lighter in the top area and with a better swing weight of the top half, the new IQ is even more radical. "I worked on the outline and the profiles to find the perfect compromise between performance, stability and radical behavior. The 5.4 is a completely new developed size, we wanted to keep the 4 batten concept through the whole line" says Peter. The 5.4 is big and powerful enough and with 4 battens remains light in the hands when the wind gets stronger. The luff curve has been increased to give more reactivity to the sails.
I love the IQ- these sails are just what I want in a wave sail. They are super light and compact allowing me to get radical under the lip and do more tricks with better style.
The IQ will revolutionize your sailing style- Full on radical performer.
- use of 2-Ply // in upper body for reduced weight, lower swing weight and better response
- Radial Panel Layout 2G: improved layout for perfect and locked in sail shape, smooth profile, twist control and durability
- 3D EVA mast protector // for maximum shock-absorbing and minimal weight
- 3D mast head protector // for maximum shock-absorbing and minimal weight
- 2 mast concept // Revised outline parameters on key sizes
- new size: 5.4 on 4 battens
- more compact outline // shorter luff for better control and maneuverability
- Instant response character // provides an ultimate ON / OFF control
- Optimized view windows // for improved visibility
- Low aspect outline // gives most aggressive in wave & freestyle performance
- Four battens skeleton on all sizes // reduces weight and provides powerful but forgiving character
|3.3||370||17||338||140||0||4||Vario||0||Gaastra 100 RDM|
|3.6||370||17||353||144||0||4||Vario||0||Gaastra 100 RDM|
|4.0||370||17||369||151||0||4||Vario||0||Gaastra 100 RDM|
|4.2||370||17||377||157||7.5||4||Vario||0||Gaastra 100 RDM|
|4.5||370||17||386||162||17.5||4||Vario||0||Gaastra 100 RDM|
|4.7||370||17||395||166||25||4||Vario||0||Gaastra 100 RDM|
|5.0||400||19||404||168||5||4||Fixed||0||Gaastra 100 RDM|
|5.4||400||19||414||178||15||5||Fixed||0||Gaastra 100 RDM|
Compatible with other masts that are equal in length and IMCS.
Current technical specifications! All rights reserved to improve / modify / change any product at anytime.
- MY RIDING STYLE