SMALL TO MEDIUM WAVES/STRAPLESS FREESTYLE
Incredible performance packed into a small shape with our premium SLS construction that is perfect for attacking small to medium-sized waves and strapless freestyle.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE SMALL WAVE / FREESTYLE BOARD: For small waves and strapless freestyle, the shape of the whip SLS is it.
- SNAPPY TOP TURNS: Loose and fast, the whip sls allows super snappy top turns.
- INCREDIBLE SPEED GENERATION: Due to its bottom and shape, the board creates speed super fast.
- INNEGRA SHIELD: Vastly increases durability and impact resistance, making the sls boards significantly more resilient against cracks, dings and heel dents.
- CORK SHOCK ABSORBER 2.0: The cork shock absorber 2.0 is applied as a damper in the heel area of the board to avoid heel dents.
- CARBON BEAM: For durability and a lightweight construction.
For many riders, strapless freestyle and wave riding are seen as one, you can pull your favourite tricks on the way out, and gouge some deep turns as you come back in. The Whip SLS takes our Compact Surf Shape and pushes it even further in terms of performance with this new lighter and more engaging construction. This is the board in the range that can seamlessly satisfy the needs of strapless freestyle pros and seasoned surfers alike. It is an exceptionally well-balanced board with incredible handling, thanks to the straight outline and parallel rails. It provides explosive snap off the top and has a fantastic ability to turn really tight in the pocket of the steepest sections. It never catches a rail or stalls and has a fluid feel underfoot when you are riding, which is sure to engage even the most discerning of kiteboarders. When you want to take off, you’ll find the flex offers a good pop, and the compact shape makes it easy to control in the air with a low swing weight. Comfortable in a wide range of conditions, this makes a perfect one-board quiver for the rider who wants to push the limits on the waves and in the air. When performance and versatility really matter, there is only one choice, the Whip SLS.
4'9" x 17 1/4" x 1 29/32"
|4'11" x 17 3/4" x 2"||5'1" x 18 1/4" x 2 1/8"||5'3" x 18 3/4" x 2 1/4"||5'5" x 19 1/4" x 2 3/8"|
|16.9 l||18.7 l||21.1 l||23.7 l||26.5 l|
|40-60 kg||50-70 kg||55-75 kg||70-90 kg||>85 kg|
- INNEGRA SLS SURFBOARD: Innegra is the reason for the predictable feel of a polyurethane surfboard, combined with liveliness, durability, dent resistance and incredible light weight. The weight reduction was achieved by replacing fiberglass with Innegra.
- LIGHT TEAM CONSTRUCTION: We are using a more labor intensive, multi-step vacuum bag process that yields a super strong, lightweight board with a custom, hand sanded finish. The most substantial change to the light team construction, is that we no longer use a full bamboo sandwich. The cork shock absorber, which used to be concealed under the bamboo sandwich, is now clearly visible under the deck skin and allows the deck to flex and absorb shock like a custom PU board with minimal to no heel denting, thanks to the underlying reinforcements and the remarkable memory properties of cork. Pure surf board feel in an ultra light but durable construction!
- CORK SHOCK ABSORBER 2.0: Cork offers excellent absorption characteristics and reforms entirely without leaving any visible dents in contrast to PVC. Therefore, it is applied as a damper in the heel area of the surfboards.
- RESPONSIVE FLEX: Using bamboo in our surf boards, we take full advantage of the dynamic qualities of this natural product. Optimized layers and the mix with composite materials help us to construct powerful, agile and versatile surf boards that come with a unique flex – responsive flex!
- MULTIBOX: All boards now come with our own Futures Fins compatible fin boxes. Two side set screws and no rear tab allow for a wider tolerance of fin fitting and ensure a perfect and tight fit every time whether you’re using our high quality composite fins or any stock after market Futures brand fin. Easy to install and uninstall even with Sand and Salt.
- GRAB RAILS: Grab Rails for easier freestyle tricks, durability and comfortable general riding.
CLIMATE PROTECTION OUR CONTRIBUTION
Today, our Kites, Bars, Twintips, Surfboards, Click Bar and Foil Wing are climate neutral, which is acknowledged in three steps: calculating emissions, offsetting emissions and tracking the carbon offset. Proud of our work and the future of sustainable kiteboarding, you can discover more about our projects and partnerships here.
- MY RIDING STYLE