The Apex 8 is an advancement of ION's best seller and convinces with ION's proven harness design. For further improvement of this model, ION added a unique 3D Curv_Spine. The high outline provides optimal back support thanks to a larger area. Additionally, the design features controlled rigidity in the center with flexible side parts, resulting in a perfectly balanced harness of support and freedom of movement.
With a flex index of 8, it is one of the medium rigid models of ION's harness range and turns out to be a real all-around talent. The Apex 8 was additionally equipped with ION's special C_Bar and extra Kite_Knife on top.
*Flex Index (1-20): The flex index describes the rigidity of the harness.
Higher flex index = hard and rigid = direct feeling
Lower flex index = soft and flexible = comfortable
- Supported EVA: Polymere Spine for 100% ergonomic support adjustment.
- C_Bar: Fiber reinforced injection material with a modular exchangeable metal hook.The new tension lever tightens the harness without changing the buckle settings.
- Plus_Spine: Optimized 3D shape 100% ergonomic support adjustment.
- Internal Flex_Belt: Keeps your harness in place when unhooked.
- Inside EVA: Internal EVA construction for optimised comfort.
- PVC Buckle: For easy adjustment.
- Hyper Foam: A viscous elastic foam that creates an ergonomic fit without sucking water.
- HPL Slider: Slim sliding tube to connect with the handlepass leash. New end-stopper fittings.
- Kite Knife: Safety knife to cut kite lines in dangerous situations.